The CF Institute Scholarship Program
for Non Credit Classes
We no longer are accepting scholarship applications for 2012_2013.
Purpose of the CF Institute Scholarship Program:
- To provide financial assistance to students in Marion and Levy counties to help them obtain training to improve employability and upward mobility.
- To provide a fair and equitable distribution of available scholarship funds for non-credit training.
- Funds are available for a single program of study up to $1,000 a year per person. Applications should be forwarded to the CFI Lead Coordinator. Scholarships for approved courses will be awarded on an ongoing basis.
- Scholarship Committee: The Scholarship committee will consist of the CFI Lead coordinator, the coordinator of the program the the applicant is applying for, and one other member from the CFI team. Applications will be reviewed and approved as funds become available. Please submit your application with ample time before the class you are requesting is scheduled to begin.
- Criteria for Selection: The CFI Scholarship Committee will meet to award available scholarship funds. Awards will be determined based on student need and the availability of scholarship funding. Scholarship awards will be distributed each term to as many qualified students as possible. Any payment for tuition costs that are not covered by the scholarship is due at the time of enrollment.
- Financial Qualifications: The primary purpose of the CFI Scholarship Program is to provide assistance to students who have demonstrated a need as determined by an approved needs-analysis. Upon application, applicants are asked to describe their financial situation, means of support and any unusual financial circumstances. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate financial need with one of the following: last tax return, unemployment notice, agency approval for food stamps or any other information requested by the committee.
- Application Process: Complete the application as directed and return with financial documentation to the CF Institute office located in the Ewers Century Center at CF in Ocala, FL. Qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Only applicants selected for scholarship awards will receive notification.
- Advertising the Scholarship Program: The Scholarship application process, application forms, deadlines and eligible courses will be on the CF Institute's website.
- Priorities for Course Approval: Eligible courses for scholarships are determined each year based on employability and upward mobility. Approved courses provide specific skill development to move workers to the skill level that employers need.
Eligible Courses for 2012-2013 include:
- Course Completion: Students who receive a scholarship and do not complete a course will not be eligible for future scholarships unless the funds are refunded to the CF Institute.
For more information call: 352-854-2322 Ext. 1468
SHARE THIS PAGE: